Wednesday, December 22, 2004

"Homeward Bound" by Marta Keen

Until Then

You've probably recieved the link in email. It's all over the web/blogosphere. I blogged it last week, but it more properly belongs on my new blog (this one :-). Powerful. The images and the song as well. On the shockwave presentation "Until Then" the voices are (I think) the BYU Singers on their "Road Home" CD. Words and music by Marta Keen, as noted above.

If you've not yet seen it, just stop and view/listen. It takes a while to load, if you don't have broadband, but be patient. It's worth the wait. In a world of darkness, it's nice to stop and walk, even vicariously, in the light of such beautiful lyrics and music, in the light of courageous, hornorable men and women living, fighting, building, and yes, bleeding and dying for a just cause.

I'll not reproduce all the words of the song here, just a snippet. (I want to show some respect for Keen's copyright and so, a short snippet only, as "fair use" :-)

Homeward Bound

...If you find it’s me you're missing, if you’re hoping I’ll return.
To your thoughts I’ll soon be list’ning, and in the road I’ll stop and turn.
Then the wind will set me racing as my journey nears its end.
And the path I’ll be retracing when I’m homeward bound again.

Bind me not to the pasture, chain me not to the plow.
Set me free to find my calling and I’ll return to you somehow....

-Music and Lyrics by Marta Keen

And thanks again, to Bill at INDCJournal for the link.

If you aren't moved by this, you may need a "heart" implant. :-)